Front Desk > Announcements

Forum Upgrades 2010

(1/14) > >>

Ross:
Welcome back everyone! Sorry we ended up being down so long, it took a lot longer than anticipated for us to get all the work done but we muddled on and now we're back!

For those who haven't noticed, the forums have had a complete overhaul... We've upgraded to the latest SMF, thrashed the member list from 273 down to 94, we've completely reworked the board layout to make things easier to find and to give them a 'less cluttered' appearance. Along with this we've added a few new features which include separate division gaming boards for Elite Force, Star Wars Jedi Academy and Star Trek Online. These areas are not accessible by default and will only become available by requesting to join the corresponding member group. These can be requested from 'Profile>Modify Profile>Group Membership', if you encounter any problems please let us know. Most of the active members should already have access to the SRP section (granted by AL-2) and to the Elite Force section (granted by AL-EF), if you can't access these sections and you would like to, please let us know.

New features on the forums include a media gallery (accessible from the menu bar) where users can upload pictures, files, music etc to share with the rest of the community (please ensure anything you upload is not in violation of the rules or it will be removed). We've also installed an arcade system which you can access from the menu bar, so far we have a selection of 17 games for you to play on, with the likelihood of more being added at a later date.

Forum profiles also now have a section for you to put your XBox Live Gamertag, Wii Code, Playstation Network ID and your Steam ID to be displayed for others to see since we seemed to have a new thread popping up every other week asking for one or the other.

I think that pretty much sums up all the changes but if I remember anything else, I'll let you know haha. Of course if anyone notices anything unusual which hasn't been mentioned, or if you have any problems since the forum upgrade, please let us know.

Finally, with all the moving around it's highly possible we've missed some threads and they aren't where they should be now, so if you notice a thread you think should be somewhere else please let us know. :congrats:

Hocking:
Whooo!

Doctor74656:
I love what you've done with the place :D

Russ Perez:
Looks really nice :)
Also congratulations Hocking... see... my efficiency rating just went up :P

Siro:
Very nice indeed :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page